2022 Conference Satisfaction Survey
An online satisfaction survey (which begun in 2016) was again carried out shortly after ICSOBA 2022. As this conference was the first ICSOBA hybrid conference with a physical part after several years, a significant number of 42 questions relating to the onsite and virtual aspects of the conference were asked. The feedback that the ICSOBA Board obtained from the survey is highly valuable and can be summarized as follows:
- A response rate confirms strong interest of ICSOBA delegates to provide feedback. 132 answers were collected (42 % response rate) which ensures a good representativity of the results.
- The survey attendance was a perfect 50/50 split between Bauxite & Alumina stream and Carbon & Smelting.
- With 38 % response rate, producers were again the most represented.
- The overall rating of the conference “very good” was 78 % and only 2.5 % was “under average”.
- We noted with great satisfaction that the rating of the quality of technical papers increased again (80 % for innovative content and 73 % for applicability). Networking was highly appreciated (78 % with only 2% under average) and many comments requested more time and proper “Networking breaks”
- Whova platform obtained an overwhelming support (90 %) with many good comments for further improvements.
- The forecast to attend next year’s conference is 72 %, well above the 56 % “historical rating“. 96 % of respondent will recommend ICSOBA conference!
The ICSOBA Board of Directors needed such comprehensive feedback on hybrid ICSOBA 2022 to influence future ICSOBA events to adopt the most efficient and beneficial format.
We received many suggestions regarding all points, from the field trip organization to the conference content and activity development outside of the yearly conference.
Our strategy to pursue alliance with other conference organizers is overwhelmingly supported (83 %).
This gives us great confidence for an improved format in the future. Your contribution is greatly appreciated, and we thank you for your participation in the survey.