Aluminium Associations, both at international, regional and national level, are regrouping companies engaged in the production of bauxite, alumina, aluminium, the recycling of aluminium, or fabrication of aluminium or as joint venture partners in such.
Those associations purposes are:
- Advance aluminium as the sustainable metal of choice around the world
- Provide forum for aluminium producers on matters of common concern to achieve efficient and cost-effective co-operation.
- Identify issues of relevance to the production, use and recycling of aluminium and promoting appropriate research and other action concerning them.
- Publishes global standards, industry statistics, and expert knowledge to companies and policy makers
Both organisations have identified a framework of cooperation, the partnership, within the aluminium sector. The objectives of this partnership, which are generally captured in a Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU), are to contribute to the industrial knowledge base and to stimulate economic activities along the aluminium value chain.
EXAMPLE OF CONDITIONS OF INTEREST TO ICSOBA:
ICSOBA interest is to support its vision to organize the “Technology Conference of the Aluminium Industry, for the Aluminium Industry”.
- Future impact. Shaping the future of the aluminium industry by supporting strategy and initiatives of the Association
- Networking. Continue developing ICSOBA network within Aluminium industry, particularly with decision makers
- Event program. Facilitate identification of keynote speakers and technical speakers for ICSOBA conferences
- Knowledge dissemination. Encourage Association members to publish in ICSOBA conferences
- Publicity. Ensure advertisement of ICSOBA conferences through the Association event calendar
- Information. Seize opportunity to receive accurate and prompt information about the issues ICOBA needs to know about. Better information means ICSOBA can make better decisions that affect our practice
- Promotion of brand. By investing in research and building alliances, an Association can open new doors for ICSOBA in building credibility and position
- Visibility. Ensure visibility of ICSOBA with regards to Aluminium Technology International Conferences
- Professional development. High-calibre, international experts can be brought locally to Association events, so all can learn straight from the masters
- Expand geographic reach. Expanding geographic reach is tightly linked to accessing new customers and revenue channels, as well as new growth
- Event support. Increase effectiveness of search for corporate members, sponsors and exhibitors
- Access to constituents and funding. Partnering with other organizations give ICSOBA the benefit of more funding opportunities, as well as make a bridge for more exposure
- Increased community awareness. By getting involved and by being a part of bigger organizations and groups, ICSOBA message would be better relayed to the community.
EXAMPLE OF CONDITIONS OF INTEREST TO THE ASSOCIATION:
- Publicity. Ensuring advertisement of Association event through the ICSOBA website and publications
- Visibility. Association partnership announced on ICSOBA website and Newsletters via a logo and link
- Promotion of members. Increase visibility of the Association representatives through their participation in the ICSOBA events
- Support. Getting support from ICSOBA organisation, on request, to organise technical, technology educational and training events as partners
- Access to new technologies. Gaining access to new technology or intellectual property and endorse research on aluminium production aimed to improve existing production processes of raw material mining and beneficiation, alumina production, aluminium production as well as waste treatment within the aluminium industry.
- Pooling resources. Sharing resources is one of a primary objectives of partnerships, effectively advancing them on their path to innovation.
- Innovation. Collaboration with organizations, especially team collaboration, offers various perspectives for problem solving and innovation.