- About Us
- ICSOBA 2017
- Contact Us
I. Keynote session: 2 October
Among the expected keynote speakers:are:
1. Dr Martin Iffert, Chief Executive officer, TRIMET Aluminium SE – “Innovative Thinking in Aluminium Production”. Title to be confirmed
2. Marco van der Werff, Managing Director, DadCo Holdings (Netherlands) B.V. – “Dadco and Aluminiumoxid Stade - A General Overview, Past, Present and Future”.
3. Dr. Hagen Seifert, AUDI AG, Ingolstadt - "Materials and lightweight construction; Influence on vehicle concepts exemplified by aluminum".
4. Rafael Vieira da Costa, Vice President, Technology - Hydro Bauxite & Alumina - “Mining & Refining 4.0”.
5. Abhijit Pati, Chief Executive Officer, Vedanta Aluminium Ltd – "Developments in the Primary Aluminium Industry in India". Title to be confirmed
6. Dr. Bingliang Gao, Professor - School of Metallurgy, Northeastern University, Shenyang, China – “Recent Developments in Aluminium Smelting in China”.
7. Carl Firman, Principal Analyst Aluminium, Wood Mackenzie – “Aluminium Market Outlook”. Title to be confirmed
8. Dr. Kelly Driscoll, Managing Consultant, Aluminium Team Leader, CRU Group – “Bauxite, Alumina and Aluminium Market Overview”
9. Katy Tsesmelis, Manager - Mining & Refining, International Aluminium Institute - “Bauxite Mine Rehabilitation and Bauxite Residue Management: A Global Perspective”
10. Dr PK Banerjee, President & Chief Technology Officer, Hindalco Industries Ltd – “Bauxite Residue Processing in India”. Title to be confirmed.
II. Technical sessions: 2 - 4 October
- Global bauxite resources and mining scenario
- Bauxite residue, challenges and its applications
- Alumina production, specialty alumina
- Aluminium reduction – new smelter and cell design
- Carbon and carbon materials, non-consumable anodes and new cathode design
- Casting and aluminium recycling
- Economics, finance - new projects in mining and metallurgy
- Regional dynamics and market analysis
- Upstream and downstream challenges and opportunities
- Environment, zero emission plants, health and safety
- Operational excellence and productivity
- Innovation and new technologies
- Manpower for the next generation aluminium industry
III. Technical field trips: 5 October
- TRIMET Smelter in Hamburg
- DADCO alumina refinery, Aluminium Oxid Stade GmbH.
The TRIMET Aluminium SE is family-owned aluminium trading business and Germany’s largest aluminium producer. It has about 3 000 employees. The company was founded in 1985 and has production facilities in Essen, Gelsenkirchen, Hamburg, Harzgerode, Sömmerda, and Voerde, Germany, as well in Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne and Castelsarrasin, France. The smelters in Essen, Hamburg, Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne and Voerde provide combined annual production of 530 000 tonnes of primary aluminium. The anode factories are in Hamburg, Voerde and Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne. TRIMET’s recycling plants in Essen, Harzgerode and Gelsenkirchen produce 245 000 tonnes per year of saleable aluminium alloys in liquid or ingot form. TRIMET develops, produces, casts, recycles and markets aluminum products in all sorts and shapes. TRIMET has a significant global presence in aluminium trading.
DADCO is a privately-owned investment, manufacturing and trading group active in the aluminium industry and a leading supplier of high quality alumina-based products and services in Europe. DADCO is a shareholder of Halco Mining Inc., which in partnership with Rio Tinto Inc., Alcoa World Alumina and Chemicals owns 51 % of Compagnie des Bauxites de Guinée (CBG) in Guinea. DADCO’s production facility, the Aluminium Oxid Stade (AOS) refinery has a current production more than one million tonnes of alumina per annum. AOS refines various grades of bauxite into smelter grade alumina and alumina chemicals, which come in diverse forms. DADCO seeks to increase its recognition as a leader in the alumina and alumina chemicals industry and to maintain a world-wide reputation for quality and value.
The schedule for the plant visits is as follows: 9:00 am buses leaving to the two plants; 13:00 pm buses leaving the plants. Estimated arrival at Radisson Blu: 14:00h for Trimet visit. It takes approximately 45 min more to get to the DadCo’s AOS plant in Buetzfleth than to Trimet’s plant in Hamburg, meaning 1.5 hours additional travel time for this fieldtrip. The plant visits will take approximately 3 h. This will also include some light lunch snacks. So to be on the safe side, the delegates could catch the earliest flight at 4:30pm. Or take a taxi straight from the plants to the airport. Then even earlier flights can be reached.
Please note that each bus has a 45-seat capacity. Reserve your seat on the bus early.
During the Conference an Exhibition of latest technologies, equipment and other devices for the aluminium industry is planned (2 - 4 October). Space adjacent to the conference rooms will be available for up to 20 exhibition tables.
Registration, Welcome Reception and Meals
The registration will start on Sunday, 1 October from 16 to 20 h and will continue on Monday, 2 October in the morning at the Welcome Desk.
Welcome Cocktail with drinks and light buffet will be on Sunday, 1 October, while the Gala Dinner will be on Monday, 2 October in the evening.
Best Papers Cocktail will be on Wednesday, 4 October in the evening.
The dinner reserved for organizers, sponsors and exhibitors will take place on Tuesday, 3 October.
Welcome to the 19th Alumina User's Meeting in Hamburg, Germany, 5-8 October
Every second year since 1987, the alumina community is given the opportunity to come together and meet for a few days at the Outotec Alumina User’s Meeting. The Users’ Meeting was established to create a forum for Outotec’s customers, where they may exchange and discuss their own experiences with other users and Outotec’s team of experts. Originally, this meeting focused exclusively on the calcination technology, and several improvements of the process and process equipment have been developed as a result. The driving force behind the User’s Meeting is Outotec’s strategy regarding customer experience and orientation, technology leadership and life cycle solutions. The high quality of presentations and discussions have resulted in very positive feedback from the customers in the past and significant progress on common issues has been made. This years’ User’s Meeting will be the 19th event, where the topics include Outotec’s entire Alumina refinery technology portfolio, such as bauxite grinding, digestion, settling-washing (thickening), red mud filtration/neutralization and security filtration. The theme of “Maintenance” has been chosen for the forum, as we see this as an extremely relevant topic for the industry in a time when capex growth is limited due to the economic downturn and low commodity prices. Traditionally, a site trip has been included in the program and AOS Alumina refinery in Stade, Germany, will be welcoming the User’s Meeting and the ICSOBA delegates in a collective visit on 5 October.
You are cordially invited to the 19th Alumina User's Meeting.
Dr. Alessio Scarsella - VP Alumina
Maximilian Koepf - VP, Services Metals & Chemical Processing
Marcílio Cenísio - User`s Meeting Coordinator, 2017 Product Manager / Account Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
On Friday, 6 October Claudius Peters would arrange the pick-up service from Hamburg to Buxtehude Plant (approximately 30 min). During the field program, a lunch will be offered in their CP-Restaurant. Depending on the available time window and the number of participants the hosts could offer an attractive return on the way back to Hamburg: either a small boat trip back to Hamburg or to have a small tour to the Airbus Factory, to see some aluminum installed. (See the attached file).